Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will this do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by violatedppl, Jul 20, 2005.

1. right now I am looking at replacing my existing cab (peavey 1810) with an avatar b212 (not sure which to get delta or neo) and a avatar b210(still not sure on which speakers) Both will be at 4 ohms to give my Tmax an output of 500 watts I really dont play and huge volumes, and try to stay away from bands that feel the need to put it on 11. And was wondering what the tb's opinion on this set up would be. I think it will be near the end of my atleast cab purchasing days for a while anyway.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm not sure what a Peavey 8x10 sounds like...but an Avatar B212 plus a B210 would be a nice speaker compliment. I only have experience with Delta equipped Avatars (except for the Kappa loaded C15 and B112) and have never been unhappy.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I don't have any experiance with either cabs, but from what I have read here on tb.com I can assure you that that setup of he 212 and 210 would be killer. Along with the new crossover dave is selling would be awesome too.

4. My b212 (delta 12lf) driven with 450 watts is enough for small gigs with 2 loud guitars, drums, and vocals. The tone is nice too but that is totally subjective.

If I were you I would get the B212 first, it may be enough for you. Doing that will also help you decide what you would want to add to the sound. Each b210 has different tone characteristics (my preference would be the delta 10 when used with the 212 or the kappa pro as a stand-alone). The b212 is lacking in the upper mids but it can be dialed in with EQ.

Bottom line is a b212 and b210 would definately have you covered both volume and tonewise.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You'll be pleased. While I'm not a Peavey basher in general, the 1810 cab is one of the worst sounding bass cabinets on the planet. I'm willing to be the Avatars will sound much better.

6. I know theirs alot of peavey bashers but I got my cab for $80 so.... it sounds alright alot of lows and the tens that are in it arnt the great, but I could prob sell it for 125 and than start my little piggy bank which always seems to be empty due to my gas issues, :smug: and tommorow Im going to pickup my new car so it will be another place for me to spend money on. :meh: but it will always fit all my gear.