1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will this Golf Case fit my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rudkeja, Oct 27, 2013.

1. rudkeja

rudkeja

Oct 13, 2013
  2. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    It says 11 inches in diameter. Im pretty sure a bass is wider than 11 inches.

3. rudkeja

rudkeja

Oct 13, 2013
    But can i just put it on sideways since it's 14.5 in in height?

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I doubt it. I measured my j its roughly 13.5-14 inches without a gigbag. Why not just get 2 hard cases? They are actually fitted for the guitars so it wont flop around in the golf bag and possibly getting damaged

5. Randyt

Randyt RAAPT Custom Wood Productions

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
  6. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Where are you, what airline and where are you going? If it's not a long flight, you may call the airline and find out if they'll let you put it in the overhead or up front, where the coat storage locker is located. I know someone who puts his in the overhead storage and the airline is OK with that.

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    No, that case won't fit, you need the SKB staff case that's wider on the bottom than it is on the top.

And no, calling the airline is useless. It is always up to the planes flight crew whether to permit it and they don't typically give a damn what someone at the corporate line told you.

8. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    This is the case you need...

Attached Files:

9. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    They have corporate policies, and the minions at the airport are supposed to follow protocol, whether they want to, or not. If someone asks nicely, it's usually not a problem unless the flight is over-booked.

10. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    The larger the plane, the more likely they are going to allow you to carry it on and put it in the overhead, or in their closet. If you have a look like you might be a little famous, you'll get better treatment. I'm as plain looking as could be, but on a flight to NY recently where I was taking a bass to make a trade, I was surprised at how extra nice the flight attendants were.

11. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Does a Bobby Rahal or James Taylor kind of look work? :bag:

12. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The point is, unless you know FOR CERTAIN, then your instrument is at risk you take it there in a gig bag or a regular case and beg for it to get on the plane and the flight crew says "no" for whatever reason.

I swear I've seen it go every which way without reason. You simply cannot plan on it with them no matter how hard you try.

If you stick it in a golf club case, it is guaranteed protected and guaranteed no extra oversize fees as I've been stuck paying time to time using a full-ATA flight case.

13. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Why?