1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless gear...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by harry182, May 11, 2010.

1. harry182

harry182

Nov 28, 2009
    England
  2. Bluesbob

Bluesbob

Mar 13, 2000
    Springfield, TN
    I use the X2 system, which is the predecessor to the Line 6 G30, G50 and G90. Mine is the rack-mount version, but they're all in the same family. I play a four, but if you look up the X2, you'll find 5-stringers saying that it carries the B string well. I think that's because it's digital. The new Line 6 G series uses a different carrier frequency - 2.4 GHz as opposed to the X2 at 906 MHz. Apparently the 900 MHz range is off-limits in Europe. Since it's also digital, I would assume good frequency response for the low B using the new Line 6.

3. MrRumble

MrRumble

Aug 8, 2006
    Plymouth, MN
    Use it. love it. Picked up a used Shure from another Bass playin buddy. Would replace it with an X2 if and when it craps out.

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Use it, love it.
    Also avoid the 700 MHz band if coming to the USA. That band(Sennheiser calls C-band) has been sold and will be "illegal" in June 2010.

5. I use an X2. The stock cable is crap and must be upgraded because it will fail within a few gigs. Since doing that replacement, I'm loving the freedom of the X2.

6. Hi i use the Ashdown Freebass and find it very good, no more standing on leads, and you can sneak off stage for a listen, I also use it with a 5 string it has like a 16 pre set (they call it 16 DSP enhanced bass settings), and it does what it says, i find setting 2 works best for the 5 string it gives a bit more bottom, the battery life is about 8 to 10 gigs, I havent noticed any loss of signal and i have wandered off about 30 feet from the unit, but try before you buy because what i like you might not, but you can't beat the freedom, so best of luck.

7. harry182

harry182

Nov 28, 2009
    England
    Guys thanks for all your help! :)

So youd all say the one im looking at is defenetly in the right area to look then?

would like to try it 1st and go from there. Cant see why any guitar shop would say no. Have some pretty cool gigs coming up and itd be awesome to have one of these