1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring Diagram Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bmayolle, Oct 13, 2010.

1. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    I am trying to get a diagram that shows how to wire 2 Nordstrand DC5 pups with a volume volume tone
    and a switch that would allow me to set both pups both coils
    bridge north and neck south and neck north and bridge south

I am also not good at reading shematics so if possible something a noob at wireing could work with.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate any help

Aslo if there would be a way to add in neck north and bridge north that would rock
    again thanks

2. So just an inner coils/outer coils switch?
    No series or parallel position in the middle?

I can do a diagram later today.

3. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    I thought i would be to difficult to do the series/parallel but if it isnt that hard to put together that would be great and I would love to do it with just one mini toggle if possible. Thanks for the sujestion( wow that spelled really badly. ) Again thanks and any help either way is very appreciated

If there is a necessity for a second swith that would be OK but trying to keep it a simple as possible

4. There are a lot of different ways to do it:
    4044630163_661f69db30_o.png
    You can use a 4PDT switch to have both pickups on the same switch.
    For the single coil modes, you can wire for one pickup to use the north coil and the other to use the south, if you want.

5. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    I am still very confused. Like I said I am really not good atthis part of building. actually have never done this all my basses are either Passive or Audere pre. I wouldnt know where to start. I dont understand the color pattern and it looks to me like there are more than 4 wires so i am reallly not seeing this.
    Please excuse my inability to understand this.
    I see 2 switches or do I see 3 in each Diagram. if there is a way to make this like switch wiring for dummies or even for idiots that is what I really need. I am sorry for being a pain. I do appreiciate what you have done and if you cant make it any easier I do have a friend who can probably help me crack this code... Thanks again

6. It's a diagram of the switching for different configurations.

You can do series/parallel, series/north coil, series/south coil, series/north coil/parallel, series/south coil/parallel, north coil/parallel, south coil/parallel, north coil/parallel/south coil, north coil/series/south coil, etc... You need to pick a configuration.

I'll draw a specific diagram if you want it, when you decide what to do.

7. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    Is this possible
    And can we use 2 switches. 2 switches is good I think it would look pretty cool if I placed between the Knobs

So it would be

volume
    Neck pickup Series/North Coil/Parallel
    volume
    Bridge pickup Series/south coil/Parallel
    tone

does this make sense I hope so cause I hate to keep wasting your time over and over because I dont exactly understand this stuff

Again thanks

Attached Files:

8. Yes, that would work fine.

9. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    Would you be able to draw that diagram for me. I would really appreciate it. Is there anything I can do for you in exchange. You have been such a great help.

Again Thanks

10. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Awesome diagram Line6

11. 5081568162_c124712e14_o.png
    No, I'm good.
    Thanks!

12. Diagram stolen for the collection!

13. bmayolle

bmayolle

Nov 1, 2009
    Ossining, N.Y.
    Thanks so much for all the help...You are a great asset this site....
    Again thanks

14. DaLoCo

DaLoCo

Jun 16, 2010
    South Africa
    Would this diagram substitute for the parallel/series push/pull pots as found on the Rockbass $$, but add the ability to solo one of the coils in each pickups? Sorry, I just need to re-phrase it so I understand it.

I am building a bass, and have two Wilkinson MM pickups for it, and was wanting the series/parallel option. I have push/pull pots but like the idea of a toggle switch more.

15. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    FYI. a 4PDT on-on will allow you to place both pups in series or parallell with one switch. I did this with my fretless loaded with nordy DC's.
    I had (2) 3way DPDT's originally that went series/single/parallell, but I was overwhelmed with the choices.