1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wish me good luck..

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by D.Don, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Was at the pub last friday, talked a bit with one of the guys working in the bar, turned out they where some dudes meeting every now and then for some jammin, and they didn't have a lot of bass players to call... So it ended up with us changing numbers and now it's jam in a rehearsal space tonight (he just called) with me, him (guitar), and a drummer....

I've been playing the bass for about one year now (though 20 years as a musician, keyboards etc.), and it feels REALLY nervous, but of course fun as well.. can't remember last time I felt like this about playing music....

:)

/off to the woodshed...

Cheers!
    D.Don

2. Pedulla?

Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

3. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Most of all, have fun.

4. Thanks dudes!

Was changin strings on my main fretted axe yesterday to a lighter gauge, so now I have to do some intonation before packing things up in a cpl o hours...

Gonna be an interesting and fun eve!!

D.Don

5. HEHEHE

We had great fun, drummer had no cymbals or hats and the trash that was left in the rehearsal room was really ready for melting down to recycling, amps where a joke and the guitar player was a nice bloke, but really nothing I'd spend a lot more time on (lots of distortion and no groove really), he could play, but wasn't that inspiring.

Though it was a great experience and I am kind of thinkin about trying to find some dudes meself to jump in the jambox with now. My picking fingers are badly wounded, and one of em has no skin left, but I guess thats just a hint to "practice more stamina" or something.

Overall, well spent 2 hours, and it really inspired me to want to do this again, I was not that bad, had been expecting to be more lost than I really not was at all!

D.Don