1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Cause I have the mother of all job interviews this evening. There is an opening on the sound crew at the Keller Auditorium, and I happen to know the head sound tech. He's willing to hire me, as long as I can prove that I know what I'm doing around sound equipment. EGAD!!:eek:

This is totally the big time. The Keller is the largest concert hall in Portland, and is home to the Oregon Ballet, Oregon Children's Theater, and the Oregon Symphony. This would be a HUGE step up for me. Plus it means that I can quit Guitar Center, which would be VERY good.

I'll be back very late, but I'll try and post the results when I get home.

::crosses all his fingers and toes::

Rock on
    Eric

2. Sounds like a sweet gig, good luck Eric.

May the frequencies be with you.

3. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Good luck, man. That's a job I'd LOVE to do!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well, for one thing, it's E-A-D-G, not E-G-A-D. :D

I hope it works out for you bro.

-Mike

5. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Good luck Eric. May you be freed from the bondage of the Evil Empire.

BTW, can I get a deal on some accessories before you quit GC? :D

6. Oh, that's VERY witty.

It went really well. I got there about 2, and was immediately led around on a massive tour of the place. Then we sat down and talked for about 2 hours, mostly about my experiance with sound, lights, and stage. Then they took me to dinner, which was really nice of them. Then I sat behind the console while they ran sound check, and for the entire show (a ballet, kinda boring but the music was good) then they had me help a little with clean up.

Basically what they said was that if the Union accepted me, I would be a shoe-in!! I got along great with the guys that I was introduced to, and they seemed pleased that I actually knew the difference between an XLR and my butt. Apparently the last few guys they talked to had NO equipment knowledge. Why would you want to run sound if you don't know the equipment?

I get to talk to the Local offices tomorrow to set up an appointment. I should be a stage hand in two weeks, if all things go well. YAY!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hope you get the job! Weren't you going into law enforcement, though?

8. I'm waiting till I finish my degree for that. Plus I have that legal trouble (look at my "I'm back" thread about 3 months ago) that won't get easy to get around trying to become a cop. But I'm not going to stop, I'm just going to let some time pass.

Rock on
    Eric

9. the correct answer is "EADG"

looks like no job for you..

lol

:bag: :ninja:

edit--

damn MJ5150 beat me to it.. lol