1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wizzy 12 or Schroeder 12 with AI Contra 2?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mstclairmiller, Jul 20, 2007.

1. I have a series 2 AI Contra that needs a bit of extra oomph when an old school r'n'b band wants me to sound like the bass on early 50s west coast jump blues records. My ancient K140 15" cab was stolen a couple of weeks ago, so I need a replacement.

Naturally, I want the lightest, fattest sounding cab around, and reckon the EA or Schroeder cabs are the smallest and lightest, but which sounds the fattest? As a reference, the best amp I have played through for this sort of music is an Ampeg B15 'flip-top', but at around 115lbs, it is an absolute monster. I know I ain't gonna get too close to a B15 sound with a Contra and lightweight 12", but has anyone done a comparison with the Schroeder and the EA?