Wooten and Claypool in the ATL!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JohnL, Sep 23, 2004.

1. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'd like to see a Wooten/claypool recording project. If I remember correctly, claypool was almost part of Bass Extremes, don't know why that didn't flesh out though. They are both excellent bassists in their own right, with such different styles, they are both very open to experimenting with different styles, I think it'd be a neat collaboration.
  3. I'm considering going to both shows. I saw Claypool last time at Variety Playhouse, with the Frog Brigade, and it was a little much after the first 10 minutes or so. But I'm intrigued by the Bucket of Bernie Brains. Sounds like it would be pretty interesting in concert. As for Vic, I've seen him many times, but it never gets old. The shows are always entertaining, and the thing I've enjoyed about his solo gigs is that as amazing as Vic is, I've usually wound up being more blown away by someone else on the stage.. Reggie Wooten, J.D. Blair, etc.
    And of course, Variety Playhouse is such a great venue.
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'll definitely be there for Claypool on the 6th. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Vic on the 16th, though. I just saw him at NAMM, though, so I'll live. :D
  5. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I went to a bass clinic featuring Victor and Steve Bailey. Claypool's name came up and from what I remember from the conversation was that Steve, Victor and Claypool were at Ampeg doing some advertisement thing and Victor and Steve stated Claypool pretty much kept to himself.