Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WootenDVD interview

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Groovin_Joe, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Hey all. this is justt a simple little question, I have just been getting into slap again now that my chops are improving and I have started to look at and attempt the wooten up and down thumbing, it is going good. however my question is this; on the interview with him on the end of the Bass Day98 dvd he plays part of a stanley clarke tune that starts off with power chords. I would like to find that song to listen to it and learn it. He says that 'we all know the name of it' but i don't so could someone else tell me? also anyother tunes like that to help my chops along. i like tunes like it and stuff like that, a little less complex than full out wooten! I focus more on the groove and not the flash.

thank all

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's "Lopsy Lu" off of Stanley Clarke's first self-titled album.

brad cook

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

No. It is "School Days" from the album of the same title. Check a sample <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B0000025L0001001/0/002-4772804-3067267" Target="_new">here</a>.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hmm...I'm thinking of the one where he's talking about the Stanley Clarke song that taught him the use of chords using open strings. It's on the interview of the last chapter of the main chapter selection section.

brad cook