1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worst fake I've seen in a while

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hall1k, May 7, 2010.

1. hall1k

hall1k

Jun 14, 2009
  2. How do you spend that much money without doing any research on what you're buying?

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Looks like they didn't bother to cover up where the old logo was.

4. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    P pup on a 62 Jazz? Yep that's a winner.

5. Wow, that logo is painted on with paint pen or something.

6. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Unfortunate, but that's why I like Talk Bass...you guys are so knowledgeable about this stuff that a simple search of the website will give you more information than you really need to make these kinds of decisions. Helps you avoid buying Jazz basses with bodies that are oddly P-shaped (or maybe it's just my bad perception...)

But seriously, this sucks. At least it was $400 and not $1,400 or $4,000...

7. Haha... To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon..."

8. Boguszewivz

Boguszewivz

Aug 29, 2009
    say what you will but i actually feel for this guy, he got hustled big time. I think when he originally bought it he was new to bass hence the bad deal he made. The guy who sold it should feel ashamed, I mean seriously the guy scammed this poor kid and conned him just for a few hundred dollars....makes you wonder how some people live themselves

9. I like how it says customer series. This one is very custom.

10. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    Actually, I may or may not believe the seller’s story. Could have been made up to evoke pity and make his product stand out. Caveat Emptor no matter how you look at it.

11. :D

12. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    So, what is it really?

13. raymondl3

raymondl3

Dec 10, 2007
    USA
    I heard a story about a local guitar shop that bought a Fender from someone, then noticed later that the decal read "Finder."

14. He got hustled big time?

What exactly are the words that would make a "big time hustle" to convince a person that these two musical instruments are the same thing? And, in your opinion, is there anything in this wide world that would have made the buyer responsible for his own decision?

Attached Files:

15. Well, doing the slightest amount of research could have saved him from getting the shaft on this deal...

I mean, honestly. It wouldn't take all that much knowledge about Fender basses to have known that something was definitely rotten in Denmark here.

16. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    That is not worth $400. :scowl:

Fred