1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worthless Coupons

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Ever get a coupon or discount code with no real value for the store it came from?

Here's mine.......I signed up for the "perfect fit" club at Mens Wearhouse a few months ago. I got a discount code from them in my e-mail today. It was $5 off my next purchase. I have never spent less than $300 in any one trip to MW, so $5 off is nothing really. I don't understand why they even bother with $5 off. Like that is going to make me run in there and buy a suit now instead of from Nordstroms or Jos A Banks?

I suppose if I was buying a pair of socks or underwear, maybe it would be nice to have. But I don't shop at MW for those items. Most of the time people are spending hundreds in joints like MW.

-Mike

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've never spent less than $300 either... if I'm going in there, it's for a suit.

Anything else, I can get anywhere else. $5 is nothing on that big of an item.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah, i'm the opposite though, when i go there, i usually just get one sock.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I am sure you put your jewels in it, before you put them in the safe?