Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by violacorner, Oct 25, 2005.

1. violacorner

violacorner

Oct 25, 2005
    I just came across the website of DaXun Zhang and I just had to share this with you all. His audio clips are incredible. When will I be able to play like that....

http://www.daxunzhang.com/audio.html

:hyper:

2. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    WOW!!!!!!!! It looks like he will be performing in my neck of the woods next spring. I'll have to put that on the calender! :hyper:

3. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sweet Jesus. Why haven't I heard of this guy before....

He's impossibly good.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    "Wow" just about sums it up...:eek:

5. I have his CD. At the moment, I'd have to say he's my favorite bassist around. His style is astoundingly lyrical, and his technique is impeccable. As much as I love and respect other great players, DaXun Zhang is the new face of double bass.

6. littlekatie

littlekatie

Jul 14, 2004
    London, UK
    I have seen him in Double Bassist magazine, he's the youngest player to ever win the ISB Solo Competition.

7. What is he, like 22? Darn it. Better get to practicing :eek:

8. This is why I play jazz... :smug:

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Damn right. Just saw the age -- he's 24. That scares me.

10. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    Inspirational playing! :bassist:

11. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Just need to comment again.... The more I listen, the more I am convinced this guy might be the greatest double bassist ever. I am astounded.

12. AdaGio³

AdaGio³

Feb 9, 2006
    I played at a master class for this guy, hes an amazing player. He played the Carmen Fantasy and some other really amazing music.

13. He's also a really good teacher. I had one lesson with him earlier this month and although my time with him was limited, every single bit of advice has helped my playing.

He grabbed my bass a few times to demonstrate a few things, and he would occasionally do a little run. My jaw dropped everytime.

Really nice guy too!

14. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The guy's got a great upper register sound.