1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Yamaha BB300

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jmlee, May 27, 2019.

1. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Price:
    Strings:
    Well-constructed bass from Yamaha's highly-regarded BB-series. This one is Taiwan-built from 1986: the second version with the longer upper horn to improve strap balance but still carrying the reverse P-style pickup. Completely passive. Very good condition for its age with minor surface abbrasions and kind of nice finish wear-down on upper edge of lower bout. Slight oxidation on G-D-A tuners. E tuner was replaced by me with a NOS tuner directly from Yamaha. Everything works as it should, including truss rod. Strung with La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats. This is a handsome, built-like-a-tank P-bass with some nice bite. Comfortable weight at 9.3 lbs. Case is not included.

Given the rosewood fingerboard and CITES problems at present, I think I need to restrict this one to my Canadian compatriots. Shipping by Canada Post at actual cost.

YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 2. YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 1. YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 3. YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 4. YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 5. YamahaBB300_OriginalPickup - 6.

Jhonsey likes this.
  2. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Oh yeah, some lucky Canadian brother is gonna love that! GLWTS!

3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Great instrument and a bargain at that price. Highly recommended.

4. TL23NC

TL23NC

May 22, 2015
    Raleigh NC
    $250 Canadian for this bass is a great deal. I had a BB200 that was very nice. And I gave it to one of my coworkers who lives in Toronto, so it's now Canadian!

5. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    That’s $250 US, folks.

6. Cracker7

Cracker7 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Ummmmmm, still can’t believe nobody grabbed this yet. Seriously. If you ever decide to sell it to the US, I’m in Upstate NY. Haha

7. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, @Cracker7 . If CITES weren't around you'd be playing it now. :thumbsup: