1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha Electronics: Bad???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Mar 22, 2006.

1. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I'm guessing so. I already had the Carvin h50n's in a Carvin fretless and also had a set of bartolini's so I didn't make a special purchase. The yamaha,carvin and bart pups were all the same size.

2. Jay78

Jay78

Aug 30, 2005
    I just bought a Yamaha TRB10005 from GC and I love the look and feel, but the bass does not have much bottom and a rather "honky" midrange. I am thinking about replacing the pickups and pre amp with Bartolini's to get a deeper low end from the neck and a smoother mid sound from the bridge pu. Has anyone modded a newer Yamaha TRB 1004/5/6 with new electronics (Bartolini's or other) and liked the new sound?

Thanks,

Jay78

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I just bought a 1005 from GC too! Mine has plenty of low end! I haven't had it long enough to check battery usage length.