1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha RBX 350 II Fretless-Headless conversion.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Finnigan's wake, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Hi there, i just received a nice fullsize Yammy as gift from a friend: yamaha-rbx-350-xl.

I really need a fretless, so i'm just working on the fingerboard.
    i need some help concerning:

1) Headless conversion, using this crap (i can do it, the truss rod adjustment is in the bottom)
    bass guitar bridge Picture - More Detailed Picture about 1 Set Black 4 String Headless Bass Guitar Bridge System New Picture in Guitar Parts & Accessories from Ino Musical instrument Store | Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

2) Wiring diagrams... i have two volumes and a push-pull (series parallel?) blend pot... no tone?

3) General setup (i already shimmed the neck, 2 millimeters higher)

Other tips und suggestions are welcome
    Andre

2. Jisch

Jisch Supporting Member

I'll be interested to see it move forward.

I've used this bridge on the wing bass in my avatar (I didn't like the lettering on that overlord one), it takes significant amount of routing to make it fit. On this bridge the knobs pull out about 3/4", so you can position it so the body protects the knobs. You'll have to make sure there's enough room behind the bridge to accommodate the tuners, they take up quite a bit of room (dimensions of the one I used are in the url below).

It comes with a string termination block for up on the headstock. I imagine cutting off the headstock will be the most stressful part of this build.

New Black Roller saddle 4 String Bass Guitar Bridge for Headless Bass Guitar T4 | eBay

Finnigan's wake likes this.