1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha Stagepas 300...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I've been reading about the Yamaha Stagepas 300 and have some questions. First, is anyone on here familiar with it? The specs say "maximum output power 150w + 150w. Now I'm not familiar with P.A.'s, so does the 150 + 150 mean it is 300 watts? Just wondering...I don't know. I'm just wanting something for vocals during practice and something around the house I can use with a CD player or ipod.
    We practice in a pretty small area so we're not really loud. Also I sit in with some acoustic guitars for some country at times. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/pa_systems/stagepas300/index.html

2. ipscwoody

ipscwoody Guest

It means 150 watts per side. Our keyboard player has one and uses it as a monitor. From your description it sounds like a great match to your requirements.
    For around the house it is fine. For practice with an acoustic ensemble it is also fine. Nice small package and I do recommend it.
    If you are going use it with a full drum kit or you may run percussion bass through it go with the StagePass 500. Larger speakers and more power.

3. To give you an idea how loud we play during practice, I use a Fender Bassman 250/210 and I have the volume set on 6 and the master set on 3. We used a 200 watt power mixer before and never had it over 1/2...that's used for vocals only.

4. ipscwoody

ipscwoody Guest

You should be ok with the 300.

In one of my local music stores the 300 is available in the rental shop... is there an opportunity for you to rent one locally? Or does the dealer who you are talking to offer a return policy in the event it isn't quite what you need? As most can attest, size matters when it comes to PAs! ;)

If your budget can stretch to cover the 500 you won't regret it. The larger speakers and additional power make a difference.

5. The GC that's closest to me has one hooked up at the store. I may go and check it out Saturday. They don't have the 500 though.