1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamahiko vs FC

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Norre, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I went to a luthier today for an installation of a Full Circle on my bass. He told me he stopped selling them because too many came back with a broken cable (the white one comming out of the wheel) and dealing with Fishman about warranty was always a PITA. He sells Yamahiko pickups now, which is the same as a Full Circle, but with a detachable cable. So if the cable ever breaks, you can just buy a new one and you're ready to go. Here's a bit more info.
    Actually, Yamahiko was the first one to release a pickup that was build into the wheeladjuster.
    I'd like to know if anyone has ever played one of these?
    Did you like it? How is it compared to a FC?
    I tried searching the archives but didn't find any useful information.

thanks,

KN

2. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    The only thing I know is that Eddie Gomez use this Pickup.
    I like very much the full circle, but the broken wire happened to me too. You have to be careful when you ajdust the wheel. :bag:

3. JtheJazzMan

JtheJazzMan

Apr 10, 2006
    Australia
    AFAIK, the yamahiko is superior in build quality, and superior in price. Though there are some options with single or dual adjuster versions to account for your budget.

Still, the last time I had the FC off my bass, putting a new wire on looked like a simple resolder job. The underside of the pickup is held in with small screws, simply take them off and do the repair.