Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yay i ordered an m box

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by pestilence, Aug 3, 2005.

1. pestilence

pestilence

Feb 4, 2004
    its mostly just to fool around with and recording some friends who are already well on their way, is it a good piece of equipment? and is it going to be hard for me to learn how to use protools?

2. Which one did you get?

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    There is only one MBox, it is essentially a heavily stripped down version of the digidesign 002 series of input and control devices for protools. It's a small vertical box with i/o functionallity essentially. The key feature is of course protools. I'd be interested to see how you get on with pro tools because for my new computer I am probably going to include an M Audio Delta 1010 and was wondering about ProTools M Powered to go with it.

4. Oops, sorry. I was thinking of M-Audio.

5. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    For what you are doing, yes, its a good piece of equipment. Read some the post around here its better than what a lot of people are using to just fool around with. As far as the difficulty, well have you ever done any audio work on a computer? If you are starting from scratch then, yeah it might be a bit rough to acclimate your self to how audio programs work, but if you are used to another program you will find it is much the same as a lot of other programs. Its the details that vary the most between programs. They all do the same thing essentially, its just how.

No clue on the M-powered stuff. What I like about it is that I could load a laptop up with an M-audio interface for a mobile rig, record straight to Pro Tools and then transfer to a better rig with out any issue. Or simply have both versions on the same computer, track with M-powered and open in LE, if you feel there is a huge difference.