Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I've started listening to their stuff, I'm digging Squire's bass stuff and love his tone. I used to be a heavy Rush fan, still am but not as much. I've been a jazz-head for the past 5 months, but I think this YES stuff is expanding my rock horizons. Does anyone have any clue of they're planning to come to MA?

2. looks like they are coming near you but not to MA. Check www.pollstar.com and enter Yes and select artist itinerary in the upper left.

Definitely go see them, they are sounding great. I saw them about 3 years ago and it was awesome. They were my 1st concert in 1974...Patrick Moraz was on keys for that tour.

Chris was a major influence on me early on. So much great stuff, Heart of the Sunrise, the Fish, Close to the Edge, Perpetual Change, Long Distance Runaround, I could go on and on...

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I finally got to see them live this year. I've been a fan since early 80's, but had never seen them live. This tour was great! I have to say that Chris tone was kind of muddy in Atlanta- I don't know if it always sounds like that, but even when he took solos it sounded really blurry.

they still put on a heck of a show! Very inspirational. And I'd say they mix a good dose of jazz into their rock...

4. Bassman1988

Bassman1988

Jul 16, 2004
    YES AND DREAM THEATRE ARE GOING ON TOUR WITH EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!! You think Squire is good, wait till you hear Myoung!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D