Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet Another question about small rigs..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kas_lar, Feb 16, 2006.

1. kas_lar

kas_lar

Jan 12, 2005
    Denmark
    Hey everyone!

I know there's a lot talk about small rigs here, but I need your advice.
    I've narrow it down to these possibilities...

A SWR California Blonde Acoustic combo which is quite okay. And there's an option for a xtra cab

An Eden Nemesis NC210 combo. (anybody knows if there's an option for a xtra cab?)

And some small amp with a Aggie 12" or something like that. This option isn't the best for me, cuz I like to have a combo. The thing with an amp and a 12"(or 2 x 10") oftens get quite expensive and heavy. But these rigs are the loudest, and have the best possibilities when you have to expand your rig.

I play rock/pop/soul/funk with an 76' Fender Jazz and a Stingray5.

Please write your advice, link to threads like mine, link to reviews on the Nemesis and the SWR combo, and have a great time gigging!
    Thanks...

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    DO THE LEG-WORK FOR YOU??? mmmmm maybe...

first fill out your profile so we can know more about you, particularly what equipment you have now or use to own so we don't waste our time recommending stuff you don't like....

sorry, was that rude? I'm trying to be sarcastic!:rolleyes:

you wanna play bass through and acoustic guitar amp?

how much money can you spend on cabs, combos etc.

what weight restrictions do you want?

4 string, 5 string???

Drop tuning??

how loud do you want to play?

are you a volume cranker?

just need more background here....

http://www.eden-electronics.com/nemesis/index.asp

nemesis reviews

SWR calblonde UNDER GUITAR AMP REVIEWS!! not bass amp.

3. kas_lar

kas_lar

Jan 12, 2005
    Denmark
    Hi Mcrelly. No you weren't rude... just very direct and straight to buiness... ;-)

You said:
    "you wanna play bass through and acoustic guitar amp?"

Do you mean to say:
    "you wanna play bass through an acoustic guitar amp?"

YES! I've tried it, and it sounds quite okay. You should check it out if you get the chance...

Weight max.... MAX! 25 kg.
    Yeah I used and 5 string stingray..... by the way check out my profile, It's now completed.

Regarding loudness...
    I want to keep up with a funk/rock drummer, and be able to fill out smaller and medium venues with lovely bass sound.

My wallet says just around 400-800 €

Thanks
    See ya

4. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I just got an ashdown ABM300 Evo II and an aguilar 1x12 with a horn. veeeeeery light and portable. I can carry my bass on my back, the amp in one hand, and the cab in the other. This is easier, IMO, to carry around than my old GK 2x10 combo. Definitely keep something like this as an option.