1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yikes! Gi-normous rabbit...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassthumpa, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
  2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Looks like the were-rabbit from the Wallace and Gromit movie.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    More cheese Gromit?

4. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Maybe it's just a really tiny person holding it :D

5. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    There is such a thing as a giant rabbit, but I've seen that picture before and I'm pretty sure that isn't it. How is it possible that it could be that large and only weigh 7.7kg?

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    This may be the one that you have in mind...

Attached Files:

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    stew.
    :D

8. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I've been kicked by rabbits...and that hurts like a b****. I can't imagine getting the boot from one of those bad boys.

Anyone else been rabbit hunting and had to hear the horrible scream that they let out when wounded? Sounds like a child crying. Wonder how much worse it is with something that size.

9. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    In East Texas, around my wifes family's land, I saw several rabbits that were a good size for a dog. I wonder what they have to eat out there that they grow that big. But many of them were much larger than the one in Midnight Jazz's link.

The biggest one I saw was in the road after losing a short confrontation with a Ford. It was about as big as a Labrador Retriever I had owned. I'd call that one between eight and ten times the size a rabbit should be. My daughter thought it was a kangaroo. I tried to explain that we don't have them here.

I suppose that there could be some connection between these monsterbunnies and the local high schools' mascot being the Rabbits. They say that they are called the Rabbits in honor of former coach, Coach Rabb. I think it's the big bunnies.

11. Well at least this has never been posted before....:rolleyes:

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    +1

13. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Meh, I missed it in the search. My bad.

14. No worries. Things like this are hard to find with search, anyway. what do you search? "Big Rabbit"?

On second thought, I'm pretty sure that searching big rabbit would take you right to the other rabbit thread(s?).

So basically what I'm saying is that I don't understand why I am still typing and not just erasing this post and going back to OT to look at other threads insted of post an indifferent post meaning nothing.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Midget!

i love midgets

16. In El Paso I saw a rabbit that at least came up to my knees, probably mid thigh. It scared the hell out of me.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I wish we had those here, I'd so shoot it.

18. I wish I had one as a pet. You could take it on walks. And y'know, it could chase away dogs and raccoons.

Sooooo cuuuute.

19. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    That rabbit doesn't have a pancake on its head.

20. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I really really really want one now. Damn... I've always thought rabbits were awesome.. but.. a GIANT rabbit? Trumps a dog any day. I feel bad for the rabbit(s) its going to choose to mate with........ :ninja: