1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yorkville amps

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by tww001, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    Anyone know of Yorkville amps and how they sound for DB? I want to get rid of my Hartke (which I don't like all that much) head and cab and get a combo (for ease of transportation). Having separate head and cab is a pain in the butt for the type of gigging I do. The local music shop is getting some new Yorkvilles next week and they said they'd be willing to do a trade-in for my Hartke set.

2. I've played through a couple of Yorkvilles, and I found them unsuitable for DB use.
    They were really voiced for BG.
    (very colored midrange and brittle highs)

3. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    thanks for the advice! I was kinda thinking along those lines. A bright sound is definately something I wish to avoid (hence why I'm getting rid of the Hartke).

4. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    I've had a Yorkville Sound combo amp for years. Used to be called Traynor -- it's Canada's own affordable brand.

My YS BLOC250B (250W 1-15") makes the DB sound like CRAP. It was a nice clean amp for my Thumb bass but I need something quite different for DB. Luckily I don't need to use it too much for DB these days...

5. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    My upright never sounded good through the Yorkville I had. They were being pushed a lot around here a few years ago for electric bass and they sounded all right but were really unsuitable for double bass.