Yorkville amps

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by tww001, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    Anyone know of Yorkville amps and how they sound for DB? I want to get rid of my Hartke (which I don't like all that much) head and cab and get a combo (for ease of transportation). Having separate head and cab is a pain in the butt for the type of gigging I do. The local music shop is getting some new Yorkvilles next week and they said they'd be willing to do a trade-in for my Hartke set.
  2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I've played through a couple of Yorkvilles, and I found them unsuitable for DB use.
    They were really voiced for BG.
    (very colored midrange and brittle highs)
  3. tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    thanks for the advice! I was kinda thinking along those lines. A bright sound is definately something I wish to avoid (hence why I'm getting rid of the Hartke).
  4. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    I've had a Yorkville Sound combo amp for years. Used to be called Traynor -- it's Canada's own affordable brand.

My YS BLOC250B (250W 1-15") makes the DB sound like CRAP. It was a nice clean amp for my Thumb bass but I need something quite different for DB. Luckily I don't need to use it too much for DB these days...
  5. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    My upright never sounded good through the Yorkville I had. They were being pushed a lot around here a few years ago for electric bass and they sounded all right but were really unsuitable for double bass.