Your recent best buys

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 25, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

This is a thread to share your recent purchases that you received a great deal on. I just bought the complete Original Star Trek Series on DVD (new) for about $83.00.

2. 80 Gal. Upright industrial Air compressor - $175
    Usually go for about $750-$1000 around here.

1994 Ford F250 - 7.3L PSD 4x4 w/ 78K on the odometer - $1700
    KBB says $8500

3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh, man, can't touch those, but....

recently bought @ 2004 Epiphone Galaxie 25 tube Guitar amp for about 100.00

davesignatureII-1.png

4. Wow, those are two smoking deals, I would have bought both.

lowsound

5. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

I just got a set of out-of-production Bartolini quad coil jazz bass pickups for $70. I put them in my 2000 American Standard Jazz, and they are crazy nice.

6. Im pretty religious about hitting up garage sales and the local swap-meet every Saturday. You always get a good deal out there.

I got the compressor for some old man on the side of the road. He wanted $200, but He took $175 and even delivered it to my house. Best compressor I've ever had.

The truck I bought off an old man who bought it new, got cancer and was stuck in his chair. Great guy. Truck was like new. My deal of the decade.

Other Good Swap Meet Finds:
    Great deals on lots of hand and power tools.
    7 Drawer Snap-On Tool Chest - $70
    Circa 1950's Double Barrel Shotgun - $125
    1986 Chevy 1-Ton 4x4 Diesel - $800
    (that thing was butt ugly, and needed a little bit of work, but she was fun to offroad in.)

7. I've heard of the epiphone galaxy series, are they any good? I've got a valve junior and it's fun to play around with.

I personally like my sennheiser HD-280 headphones, they were 110 bucks, not cheap, but I dig the sound that they put out. I use them for listening on the bus and for laying down tracks when recording.

8. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    I got a Samson 2242 mixer cheap. Working fine.

9. yeah...love our galaxie 25...real clean at low volumes, but a lot of grit if my son turns it up and digs in

davesignatureII-1.png

10. 45acp

45acp

Feb 5, 2013
    Texarkana TX
    $20 Computer speakers-

80's model made in USA Sony towers 10"/mid/tweet. I compared them with my Polk's in the living room (which I saved for months to get) and they sound identical only with better low end.

11. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    wooly mammoth clone - 60 bucks

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021