Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zadow

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by olivier, Nov 14, 2003.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Have you seen/tried this new combo for DB: Zadow ?

2. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    I've been asking every bass player i know about it but so far nobody seems to know about it, sure would like to give it a try.....

NUNO

3. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    How far is Cremlingen from where you live ?

4. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Im 890 km away( i live in Lugano , south of Switzerland, 20mn away from the Italian border)
    You are 835 km away so for both of us is quite a trip ...

5. jonas

jonas

Dec 9, 2003
    Frankfurt am Main/Germany
    Lando Music (Germany)
    The Zadow ze200 amp not only looks, but also sounds similar to the Acoustic Image amps. It's hand-made by Michael Zadow, electrical engineer and double bassist, who lives near Braunschweig/ Germany. Besides some technical improvements, it's more powerful (louder) than an AI Contra.
    You'll find more informations at Zadow's website or my website: www.eminence-bass.de

6. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Herr Jonas Lohse to TalkBass.com! Jonas is a bassist and computer wiz who has developped over the years a comprehensive compedium of Pick-Ups and Amps which has been judged to be nifty enough to be included in Durrl's Newbie Links ! Check out his various pages.
    Helo Jonas.

7. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Zadow's web site is interesting, but there is one glaring bit of folklore: He tells pasemaker wearers to "beware", as the Contra's switching amp isn't shielded. FOr one thing, I don't think the Contra puts out any significant RF- certainly nothing that is picked up by any nearby amps in my home studio. For another, all pacemakers are heavily shielded.