1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Zon Sonus Classic 4 bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cyclopsbookworm, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a Zon Sonus Classic 4 bass. Got this here recently in a trade, but just not a 4-string guy. This bass is everything you'd expect from a builder like Zon. Impeccable neck and fretwork, lightweight, tight tuning key gears. This bass has it all. If it was a 5-er I'd keep her forever, she's that good.

The pickups are USA Bartolini's with an incredibly versatile passive setup. With the two switches, you can select either pickup as an upper single coil, lower single coil, or humbucker and can then blend between the two pickups with the v/t/v/t pot setup. Sonically these pups have a lot of guts, unlike most passive pickups, and won't ever run out of batteries like an active preamp.

Finish has a few light dings on the back from playing, and there are pick scratches on the pickguard. Also 2 scratches on the electronics housing. On the back there is one ding that goes through the finish about 1/16" x 3/16". It's at the bottom by the input jack, most likely from sitting on a stand.

This is the best 4-string bass I've ever owned, and I'm sure you'll love it! Free shipping to lower 48. Alaska and Hawaii request a quote.

$2000 1900 1800 shipped or I can do $1700 local. Trade interests are slim. Mostly looking for cash, but may entertain 5-string trades, perhaps something in the $1000 range plus cash on your end. I'd also like to try a fearful/less cab, Aguilar DB751, Berg cab, etc. Prefer an outright sale though.

Zon 1. Zon 2. Zon 3. Zon 4.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Beautiful bass! I'm local, but I just don't have the cash to spend at the moment. Good luck!

EDIT: Are there any sound clips of these basses floating around online?

3. Sycokid666

Sycokid666

Jun 19, 2014
    Texas
    Does it have a graphite neck ?

4. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Thanks bigsnack! Not sure there are any clips...don't have any myself. I can make an attempt at it but never tried my hand yet.

To answer some questions, yes, graphite neck. This one does have a truss but you shouldn't need it much. Ships in the gig bag shown. The pups are not stock, they've been upgraded to the current setup. Thanks for your questions. Still currently available.

5. Boba Fretless

Boba Fretless

Jan 30, 2014
    Guam USA
    Who did the Work on the Pick-ups and Passive system???

WaldoNova likes this.
  6. Sycokid666

Sycokid666

Jun 19, 2014
    Texas
    Would you maybe trade for this? image.

7. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    These were installed before I bought the bass, so I can't say for sure.

8. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass.

9. Boba Fretless

Boba Fretless

Jan 30, 2014
    Guam USA
    Thanks Cyclops...I was just inquiring, I had friend (RawSound A. Padilla RIP) who did this kind of work and was just wondering if he could've been the one to install this "Passive System." Could you post a Pic of the Internal Cavity of the Pots???

10. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    No worries. I'll look into it when I get home this evening.

11. Boba Fretless

Boba Fretless

Jan 30, 2014
    Guam USA
    Thanks Buddy!

12. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Expanding my trades list a bit. 5 and 6 string us or euro Spectors, 90's Warwicks, Nordstrand or Sadowsky. Might look at MTD 5 strings. Fretless 5s welcome. Maybe even guitars. Still looking for an Aggy DB751, Ag500, shuttle, etc. Hit me up.

13. ltfunko

ltfunko The official Talkbass profile of Cody Wright Commercial User

Apr 23, 2011
    Fort Collins, CO (Asheville, NC)
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Mesa/Boogie, Dunlop/MXR, TC Electronic, GRUV GEAR, EBS, Tsunami Cable
    PM'ed

14. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    on hold

15. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    sold

Thread Status: