- Last Activity:
- Apr 18, 2021 at 11:06 PM
- Aug 16, 2018
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- SF Bay Area
Share This Page
Male, from SF Bay Area
Official Short-Scale Club Member # 634 (I think....) Aug 31, 2019
- John Stephen was last seen:
- Viewing thread Fender Rumble Club, Apr 18, 2021 at 11:06 PM
- SF Bay Area
- Current Setup:
- Wilfer 3/4 double bass; NS Design CRM-4 electric upright bass; 3 bass guitars (Epiphone Rumblekat, Ibanez Mikrobass, Reverend Raymond). Acoustic Image Clarus amp, Markbass 2x10 cab; Fender Rumble 40 combo amp for bass guitar; Gallien-Krueger MB150 combo; Bag End cab.
- Favorite Genres:
- Standards, jazz, musical theater, 60s pop, some opera.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- trio (with piano/singer and drums); occasional big band; musical theater.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Fender Jazz Bass, MusicMan Stingray Bass, Warwick fretless, Ibanez Artcore hollowbody, Schecter C-4 Diamond Series, Michael Kelly Custom Club acoustic/electric bass.
- G.A.S. List:
- Mustang P/J, Schecter Banshee.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Great teachers in Ken Caton (general, beginners lessons) and Michel Taddei (classical) of Crowden School of Music in Berkeley.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Reading, listening to music, hiking, history.
SignatureShort-Scale Bass Club member #634
Fender Rumble Club #1150
Epiphone Rumblekat Club
Basses: Epiphone Rumblekat, Reverend Raymond, Ibanez MikroBass, NS Designs CRM-4 electric upright, Wilfer double bass