Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!
Welcome Back! Please see this thread for more info about the site outage. Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.
Share This Page
Male, from Arizona
- Josh Kneisel was last seen:
- Jun 15, 2020
- Home Page:
- Bassist for Whats the Big Idea jazz trio
- Current Setup:
- Thompson RM-100 Gamba style with Gage Lifeline or if playing electric American Fender PBass Deluxe ->Darkglass Supersymmetry (sometimes)-> SansAmp Bass Driver DI-> GK 700RB ii-> either 6x10 90's Ampeg or 1x15 Acoustic cab depends on gig honestly . Also, depending on the gig I may use my full pedal board which includes Bass Big Muff Pi, EH Bass microsynth, Holy grail nano reverb, Boss Giga Delay, Boss Tremolo, Volume Pedal and Tuner in addition to the Super Symetry and Sans amp.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, prog, Post Rock, Rock, Metal, Glitch, mostly i like anything that sounds intereseting to me. I'm a man of many interests :)
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- WTBI trio plays every Thurs-Fri at the Clarendon Hotel in Phoenix and many other private events and other performances
- Previously Owned Gear:
- 1975 Englehardt UB with Fishman BP-100, MIM Fender '62 reissue J-Bass, '67 Grecco Hofner violin bass knockoff, GK backline 600 head, GK 4 x10 cab
- G.A.S. List:
- A high end fully carved UB, Chadwick Folding Bass (would make life so much simpler)
- Influences and Teachers:
- Self Taught, listened to/watched a lot of Esbjorn Svenseon Trio, The Bad Plus, Go Go Penguin and other random new and old jazz to teach myself ways to approach playing upright and played in a bunch of blues/rock bands to learn bass.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- gaming (Destiny on xbox one), Reading Scifi and fantasy, watching Anime