1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

04 , 5 string Warwick RB fortress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johny_martin, Feb 4, 2015.

1. johny_martin

johny_martin

Feb 2, 2015
    I recently lost everything i own , wont go in to detail but sold my bass and amp.
    To be just the best wife in the wife in the my wife bought me a 5 string warwick fortress Rb from 04 for $227. It came with a hard shell case and strap locks.
    I love this bass!! But know zero about it , excep for it has active mec j pickups.and sounds great!.
    Im used to 5 string sr's and 4 string ltd's. In other word the u's and narrow spacing.
    So it feels beefy to me a bit but not in a bad way.
    My. Main question is "was it worth it?"
    I mean i love it either way so ya it was but as fare as value?
    It has slight wear on the neck and a ding or two but you really have to look and the wear on the neck just feels broke in .
    And needs a new input.
    I can only find info on the new RB.fortresses

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Two and a Quarter for a RockBass? Sure, it's worth it. These basses are pretty Under Rated. I had a Vampyre RB back in the day. I saw a video of me playing it years later and was Really Surprised at how GREAT it sounded. And I think I paid $225 for it...

johny_martin likes this.
  3. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    That's a super deal! I'd love to find one for that price. Sounds like you have an awesome wife!

4. johny_martin

johny_martin

Feb 2, 2015
    She also orderd a ampeg cl micro stack im curiuos about to replaye my amp . She dosnt realize its 500watts and 6x10's smaller lol.
    Not sure i can keep up with guitar players marshall halfstack.