1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

08 Highway One P Pickup Into A Squier P VM?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nothinFancy, Nov 12, 2010.

1. nothinFancy

nothinFancy

Jun 1, 2008
    Got a spare 08 Fender Highway One pickup just collecting dust. Has anyone done this? Would this be a good mod for a Squier P?

2. Replacing the current pickup with the one from your highway one?
    Probably, I think the highway ones came with US 60s p-bass pickups.

3. If you are indeed talking about the VM Precision, I personally wouldn't bother, the Duncan designed VM PPickup is excellent as is , IMO.

4. nothinFancy

nothinFancy

Jun 1, 2008
    Yeah. Thinking of replacing the pickup on my Squier Precision with one from a HWOne P. Basically, my question is:

Is the pickup on Highway One P better than the pickup on Squier P?

5. Put it in an SX instead.

6. nothinFancy

nothinFancy

Jun 1, 2008
    I don't have an SX.

7. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    if its just sitting around why not? its not like its getting any use just sitting there and if you dont like it its not hard to swap out

8. Route the squier and use BOTH.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

9. nothinFancy

nothinFancy

Jun 1, 2008
    Really?

10. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    I put my Highway One pickup in a Mexican body/Mighty Mite neck project and the pickup sounds incredible with some 500ks. The bass sounds better than most standard USA Ps.

11. I would. It's just a Squier. That's the cool thing about cheaper basses. They make great learning platforms and you can do crazy stuff to them without destroying an expensive instrument.