1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1/2 Size Anton Schroetter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Steve Freides, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Price:
    $900
    Strings:
    I bought this bass because I teach and supply instruments to my students. Most of my students go straight from 1/4 to 3/4 size, but I thought a 1/2 size was a good idea.

It turns out that it's mostly sat in the corner of our dining room for the several years I've had it, and I'd like to sell it. Because of its location, it's been temperature and humidity controlled all the time.

The pictures tell the story - it's had a pretty extensive, and not terribly pretty, headstock repair which has been completely stable for years. The strings have only a few hours playing time on them and they've been stored a step below pitch so they should be good for a long time to come. I'm pretty sure they're D'Adarrio Orchestra - correct me if I'm wrong.

Beside having its overall health evaluated when I got it, you'll see it got a brand new endpin as well, and the top seems in great shape, no caving in. I've also attached a two short recordings, one arco and one pizz, with the following apologies: first, it's a short scale so all my fingered notes are a little sharp just because that's where I'm used to putting my fingers; second, I don't play pizz much, but I played the beginning of All The Things You Are, making it up as I went along.

Local pickup only. I live within driving distance of 90% of the world's bass players, which is to say I live just outside of New York City in Northern New Jersey. OK, just kidding about the 90% ... thing.

Scale length is 38-3/4", 984 mm.

4F79F9F7-2E7F-411A-AC3B-AFF4630368AF.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Bass is no longer available, having been rented by a local student.

Thanks for your interest.

-S-

groooooove likes this.