1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

10 String Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plain Old Me, Jul 18, 2007.

1. So the other day I was in GC and happened to find myself playing a Dean 12 string bass, which was a 4 string that was tripled. The 2 extra strings on top of each bass string were the same size and tuned the same, so it sounded much like an 8 stringer would. Anyway, I loved the sound I was getting out of it (I never have really gotten to extensively play any double stringed basses) but it did not have the low B that I require. So I was wondering who (if anyone) makes a decent doubled 5 string (nothing custom, just a decent bass under $1k).

2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Dean make a 10 stringer also,if I remember correctly.

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Godlyke and Dean both make ten string models. I'm not sure about pricing, but there are options out there.

4. I can't find the Dean model, anyone got a link?

5. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Actually didn't someone on these very boards buy one of those double neck basses?

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
  7. Must have skipped over it. Is this still in production? I can only find one online dealer that carries it, and even then the site looks kinda sketchy...