1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

12" 4 ohm bass driver for Schroeder 310212

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mrossi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. mrossi

mrossi

Apr 21, 2009
    Colorado
    Greetings - this is my first post so aplogize if it is posted in the wrong spot.

I recently picked up a Schroeder 310212 cabinet that is missing one of the 12's. Jorg uses an arragement of 16,8 and 4 ohm speakers wired in a series/parallel scheme to net at a 4 ohm load. The existing 12" is an Eminence with a 4ohm load (I assume 400W) and cannot for the life of me find another matched 4 ohm driver to add in.

Wattage may also be a concern - this is a sealed enclosure and is rated (fully loaded) at 2100W - I am currenty pushing this with a Peavey CS800S which is bridged to 1200W Any suggestions or ideas on what happens (damage) if I am a bit underpowered with this beast of a cabinet? Thanks folks!

2. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey Man

Wish I had more to offer in advice, but all I have is... Were I you, I'd contact Jorg (www.schroedercabinets.com) directly. I too have a 310212R and have spoken with him on numerous occasions and he's always been very helpful and informative; especially when involving one of his cabs.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Good call. Jorg is the one to go to.