1961 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by brian miller, Apr 17, 2018.

1. brian miller

brian miller

Apr 17, 2018
    Hi Everybody, I’m about to put up for sale a 1961 Precision Bass for an Ill friend of mine. He’s owned it since 1975 and it’s in excellent all original condition. Before I list it I need to be sure that it is for sure a 1961 Fender Precision Bass. Can anyone tell me if there’s a way to date it without taking the neck off. The owner says it’s never been takin apart and is really opposed to putting a screwdriver to it. Any help would be much appreciated . Thank you.

2. Gunther

Gunther

Jun 11, 2013
    Sleepy Ville, USA
    You probably sold it at this writing so it doesn't really matter. You said 1961. That pretty much says it all. However did owner get original bills of sale? Otherwise gotta take neck off, look on the end for the size, the month and year.

3. Should be OK. The poster is just asking how to date the bass, not it’s value.

4. Lownered

5. brichards

brichards

Dec 2, 2007
    did you sell the bass

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021