Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1968 Gibson EB2DC

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Marc H., Jul 1, 2005.

1. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    SOLD

1968 Gibson EB2DC in see through Cherry Red finish. Just got this, and it seems that I am just not a Gibson Bass guy.

Before you get too excited, the bass has had a headstock crack. Not a break, but a crack that has been professionally repaired. Ther is no problem with stability or tuning. Here is the description from www.goodguysguitars, where I got the bass:

Super nice bass that unfortunately at some time in its life had a super pro headstock repair. Possibly the best repair of its type that we’ve have seen, a really great job. Absolute factory 2 pickup. The bass is clean and plays and sounds terrific. The witch hats were replaced with speed knobs. HSC. Unbroken clean EB2DC’s are hitting the 2k range.

I have pictures posted at Photos of Gibson EB2DC. There are two photos of the back of the neck where the repair can be seen.

Other issues: The original knobs have been replaced with speed knobs (I don't have the originals) and the two nuts for the mute posts are missing. Neither of these issues affects playablity or functionality at all. Most of all, this thing sounds great, lots of rumble on the neck pickup, nice thump with both pickups engaged. The bass is currently strung with TI Jazz Flats and would come with a hardshell case

I'd like to get $1100 shipped in the continental US for this bass, but would consider trades (plus cash, depending on the trade) for the following:

Lakland Skyline Joe Osborne
    Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones
    Fender MIA Jazz Bass (prefer a maple board)

I'm open to other offers, so if you've got something, let me know.

Plenty of internet references should you need them.

Thanks.

2. wow, that's a good price! I saw two of these in a store both beat to death, for $2,500!

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    man, I'd love to get one of these in original condition.

the one in my avatar is also a 68 eb2d, but modded.

great bass, great price, hope it sells quick before I'm tempted to get it myself...

4. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
  5. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Fourth of July bump...

6. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Deal fell through, still available

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Let me know if you are interested in trading straight across for a Lakland Skyline JO4 with matching headstock, lindy fralins and a J-Retro.

8. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Sorry, traded last week.

Marc