1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1969 Kustom 200B-2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Picked this up Tuesday. '69 Kustom K200B-2. Dual purpose rig with one channel for guitar including reverb, tremolo and footswitch, while the other channel was meant more for bass with just volume, treble, bass and bright. Original Jensen 15 inch speakers dating to the 30th week of 1969.

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Has an odd looking 1 button footswitch.

3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Also looks like another jack plate was installed at one time right above the original, but covered over and plugged. Appears to have been a bit larger plate than the original is. Interesting that the cover up material looks like original material.

4. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    I owned, used and sold these back in their heyday. The model you have is a guitar amp with a normal channel and an effects channel. The Jensen speaker is a guitar speaker - Kustom used CTS speakers (or Altec or JBL) in their bass amps.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Neato, Oren! Looks like a pretty unique find. How does it sound?

6. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    What up Jimmy? Are you still in happyville? But of course, my friend. We're both still breathing, for the moment at least, and life goes on. We spend our money till we can't anymore, and then we rest. That sound about right to you? :cool:

Thanks for the neeto. I was kinda thinking the same. It's also got the original Kustom covers for it too. Guy I bought it from bought it from the original owner that played in a band with him in 1980, so he'd been around the rig since it's purchase in 1969. Understandly, he had his goodbyes to say to it before it left with me. :)

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL! Well I try not to, but dang that Ampeg...they keep making stuff I like ;)

Gonna keep the Jensens or beef it up?

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    The whole rig will be in the shakedown mode for a while before any decisions on making changes are made. Shakedown time will be the issue for me for the next several days. Gots to make some money and take the boss to the beach for a few days. Then play time can resume. ;)

Every time I say I've got plenty of gear, something will pop up that I just have to have. That scene is played over and over an over. I'm looking for the cure, but it keeps eluding me. I know that many are afflicted by, so I do have company. :cool:

9. lfh

lfh

Dec 18, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't worry, Oren. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Enjoy your new amp!

:bassist: