1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1972 P-Bass at pawn shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chrose1201, Mar 21, 2018.

1. chrose1201

chrose1201

Sep 23, 2007
    Upstate NY
    So I ran into this bass. The guy didn't have a price on it yet. I wasn't in the market to buy it so I tried to help him out a bit on the potential value. Whoever previously owned it and taken small reflective decal letters and pasted it on the back, below the neck that said 1972. I have no reason to think that it wasn't the original owner as it looked like the work of a youngster with his first bass. The machine heads have been replaced with Schallers and the bridge replaced with a Leo Quann Badass bass bridge. Sadly I think the guy had ideas of replacing the neck dots on the edge of the neck with some sort of inlay as they were gouged out a bit as if to glue in a small rhinestone. When that didn't work he used a black marker. Otherwise the body is worn just where a working bass would be worn. Just above where the neck meets the body, thumb wear. On the top of the neck between the 3rd and 7th frets mostly, the back and the fretboard. Otherwise the bass is in solid nice playable condition. I don't know how the electronics sound as I did not get a chance to plug in. Out of curiosity just based on the description any comments? Thanks.