1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2000 Fender American Deluxe Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Barticus, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    2000 Fender American Deluxe Precision bass with hard shell case

For sale here is a American made 2000 Fender Precision Deluxe 4 string in excellent condition. Whoever purchases this bass will be thoroughly impressed with the tone, versatility and feel of this bass. It’s an absolute tone monster and workhorse.

The bass plays well with great overall tone, condition is excellent with minor finish swirling and one ding on the body (see photos). Has original active electronics that require one 9v battery. I’ve owned this bass since 2002 and played for the first couple of years, it’s been sitting in the case/close since about 2005 and only brought out occasionally to play and reminisce :) It has a fresh set of DR Pure Blues on it which sound great.

Here are some specs:
    • Alder body
    • Maple neck
    • Translucent teal finish
    • 3-band preamp
    • Leo Quan Badass bridge (original bridge included)
    • Fender Light weight tuners
    • Strap locks
    • Original Fender hard shell case
    • 8.6lbs

I’m not looking for trades on this one, I’m looking for a straight sale. Any other questions please send me a message - Thanks for looking

5FF8A519-D66A-4A7E-914F-A5DBBE883EAD.jpeg
    FC3E2DED-C490-4021-81B3-58BF4EE7FA8D.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Southwestern, PA
    Wow.....that is just plain gorgeous.....love the color and the pickups, bet it sounds phenomonal. What is not to like here. Love the bridge....this is a great deal. GLWTS....Bart's a great guy to deal with!

Barticus likes this.
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Beautiful bass.

xbud and Barticus like this.
  4. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Thanks, this is a great example of a P/J (double J) I feel bad keeping it locked in the closet :) it should be played by someone who wants to ‘rock it’!

xbud likes this.
  5. sweet finish

Barticus likes this.
  6. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Southwestern, PA
    Shocked this is still here....

Barticus likes this.
  7. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Agree, I’ve had some promising PMs... I figured this would go quicker with the P/J config as I know there are a ton of P/J players out there :)

8. int

int Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I can attest, as a PJ player, this is a tone monster. My main is a Y2K model like this and that humbucker adds a lot of dimensions. Combined with the EQ I can get almost any tone I've ever needed. GLWTS.

Barticus likes this.
  9. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    And SOLD!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021