1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2000rb boost 1 and boost 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jelwood, May 4, 2010.

1. Does anyone who's ever owned or played through this head know of any distinct differences between these two channels? I toyed around with them today but didn't hear much of a difference at all. Apparently the 2nd channel is supposed to be a bit more dirty. But then again, I stayed at really low volumes and didn't have much time with it. I probably wasn't driving her hard enough to hear the main differences.

But for those of you who have played this head, which one was your favorite? I'm not trying to take after anyone, but I'd like to know which one gave you the most desirable results and why.:bassist:

2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

3. Yep, I have it. But thanks for checking! Are you implying that the boost doesn't function in bridged mono? But anyways, thanks for the reply.

4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I just read the manual and you need the footswitch to engage boost 2.

5. Oh yes, I have the footswitch. I noticed that boost 1 and boost 2 are independent of each other. What I was trying to notice is if there is a big difference in sound between the two (and I didn't notice a difference, that was the thing. But, I was keeping it at low volume). The manual says that boost 2 is a higher gain than boost 1 (or maybe I'm just interpreting what's written incorrectly?) and so therefore I'm lead to believe it shouldn't have the same sound as boost 1. Either boost seemed to give a genuine growl that I loved, nonetheless. This amp kicks like a pissed off mule.