1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2003 G&L L-2500 BlueBurst USA, Minty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SpeedyT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    Price:
    $1000.00
    Strings:
    Offering my 2003 G&L L-2500 Blue Burst with wood binding and matching headstock. Ash body, #10 C shaped maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. 1 3/4" nut width and a 12" radius. Weighs around 10 lbs. Molded G&L case.

It's minty except for a very small scratch on the back which does not show well in the overall photo. I've played it out maybe twice as I'm not comfortable playing 5 string and singing. $1000.00 shipped and insured.

IMG_2660. IMG_2659. IMG_2662. IMG_2664. IMG_2661. IMG_2663.

kkaarrll likes this.
  2. Just curious, what's going on with the "D" saddle screw? It looks broke or not threaded, hard to tell from the picture. Thanks.

3. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    just gorgeous

4. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    Bones1450, My stupidity. When I cleaned her up, restrung and adjusted for intonation I must have backed the adjusting screw out and not noticed. Fixed now. Thanks for the catch.

IMG_2666.

5. Awesome! I'm particular fond of G&Ls and this is just another fine example of a quality bass. GLWTS!

6. mark286

mark286 Proud to be a Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Central New Jersey
    Gorgeous bass. The neck looks to be quarter-sawn which is a great feature.

7. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    Fellow TBer's, Sorry for the oversight on the bridge. First posting and such...Here are a new set of photos of the corrected screw adjustment and bass overall.

IMG_2675. IMG_2676. IMG_2669.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Is the neck gloss or flat satin?

9. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    It's a gloss neck sort-of. I rub down all my necks with 0000 steel wool to remove the tacky feel then polish with Virtuoso.

10. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    So the original G&L finish has been removed?

11. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    Scubabuba, Sorry for the delay. No the original finish is totally intact. With all of my basses, guitars and some of my mandolins I prefer a silky smooth feel of the finish to the neck. I want a finish on the instrument for protection but do not want the maintenance of speed neck which exists on some of my mandos and my violin. Although some bass necks have a relatively nice finish which wears in over time, I prefer to speed and assist the process a bit. My goal is to decrease the tacky feel inherent most finishes (nitro or varnish) and rather than wet sanding with 1200 or better grit then polishing, I find 0000 steel wool perfect for the process followed by a buffing and polishing with Virtuoso.

12. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Mesa Engineering! Warwick-G&L-Source Audio Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    NoCal
    Still available?

13. SpeedyT

SpeedyT

May 15, 2016
    New Jersey
    Sorry but no, I literally just sold the bass yesterday.

14. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Mesa Engineering! Warwick-G&L-Source Audio Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    NoCal
    Curses :)