Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2005 Version - Dr Who

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Lads,

I'm a fan, have been of the Doctor Who scheme for a long time.

The old telly show used to scare the pants off me, when I was a kid. I love the show.

The new one, just rejuvenated after some years, is fing EXCELLENT!

Tonight, watching the episode, I felt scared - it was heaps creepy.

It reminded me of how I loved being scared by Dr Who as a kid.

Props to Russell Davies and Mark Gatiss. If you are not on it yet, GET ON!!!

2. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I've downloaded all of the new episodes and have watched the first 8 or so. It's great, fun stuff and definitely taking the Doctor in a different direction, which is cool. I'm hoping BBC America will show it sometime soon, but seeing as they don't show old Doctor Who, I'm not holding my breath.

3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    If you've got a multi-region DVD player, the first six episodes are out on DVD now, with another four out next week. You shoud be able to order them from Amazon.co.uk. For scary episodes, I recommend episodes 9 and 10, "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances". The big Dalek finale is also very cool, if a little metaphysical at the end.

Let's hope David Tennant does justice to the Doc in the next season.

Russ :bassist:

4. The 1st season is already done here in Canada...(they show alot of Brit TV here) not sure when the 2nd starts. (soon hopefully)

I agree...i thought this revival was very well done. Finally something entertaining to watch on the tv. Chris Eccelston(sp?) did an awsome job as the Doctor. Too bad he decided not to continue. As already said...hopefully Tennant does a good job.

5. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    The second series only starts filming in the next couple of weeks, so it'll be next year before it's on British TV, then shortly afterwards for Canadian TV. There is a Christmas special in the works though. :)

Russ :bassist:

6. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Yeah the new guy was terrific, northern accent and all. I wonder if there are any Doctor Who purists out there who were upset that he showed definite anti-hero signs. I like it and hope they keep the new blend up with the writing. Good writing can make the change of actor more tolerable.