For Sale/Trade 2006 Birdsong Sadhana

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theschnitt, Dec 29, 2021.

1. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    *Back on the market!*

If you are looking you prob already know what this is about. Killer, articulate short-scale, and this model balances and plays better than the Cortos and Shortbass I've had. I love it but play my Birdsong Hy5 all the time, and this just sits.

This bass was commissioned in 2006 for Jerry, a Vietnam Vet who was injured by Agent Orange. His name and a purple heart are memorialized in the headstock. Check out the docs attached for more information.

Typical Birdsong setup, with a Lace Sensor Gold in the neck spot and EMG SEHB in the bridge, V/V/Varitone. 'Hog body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Hipshot Ultralight tuners and "A" style bridge. Build sheet attached.

Plays great, sounds amazing. One ding in the upper bout (pictured), some normal playwear, the neck and fingerboard are immaculate. I moved the upper strap-button as you can see in the pics.

Comes with COA, build sheet, insurance letter, detailed paperwork about the origin of the commission, owners manual, other case candy, and original TKL hard-shell case. Weighs in at 7.3 lbs on my luggage scale. Balances perfectly on a strap or lap with zero neck-dive. Needless to say, a bass like this would run around $3K today from Scott and take ~6 months to arrive, if he's even taking new orders right now.

Please DM with any questions or trade offers. Split shipping costs, CONUS only.

Thanks!
    DSC02763.JPG
    DSC02758.JPG DSC02762.JPG DSC02763.JPG DSC02768.JPG DSC02769.JPG DSC02773.JPG DSC02779.JPG DSC02780.JPG DSC02785.JPG DSC02788.JPG DSC02792.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  2. Nice

3. starjag

starjag Supporting Member

Lovely. Good luck!

theschnitt likes this.
  4. Robert Cecchini

Robert Cecchini Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Delaware
    Very touching, GLWTS!

theschnitt likes this.
  5. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    Beautiful

theschnitt likes this.
  6. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Really sweet!!

theschnitt likes this.
  7. Charlie's Bass

Charlie's Bass

May 7, 2015
    none
    I'm interested in Jerry's bass although it is a little out of my budget. I'm also a Vietnam Vet. Can you tell me a little more about Jerry ? I hope this is the correct place for this comment. Thanks Charlie

8. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks for your interest. I am currently out of town, when I get back to my desk next week I will post Jerry's obituary, which was and is included in the documents I got with the bass.

Thanks again!

9. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    I'm interested in this! Follow up in the DMs?

10. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, please. Thanks for your interest!

11. 4Mal

4Mal Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Stunning!

theschnitt likes this.