1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2018 Releases from ESP/LTD and Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alacajun, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Alacajun

Alacajun Guest

Mar 19, 2000
    Just got off of the ESP and Schecter websites, checking out the new 2018 models.
    Have to say, I'm disappointed.
    These were the two companies that were thinking outside the box when it came to basses, and now it just seems as if they've given up.
    ESP has one new signature model that's kinda cool. A signature fiver with P/J setup, which definitely appeals to me. But the other "new" models are just refinished current models.
    As for Schecter, much of the same. There is a new model, the Apocalypse, but it's essentially a raw-tone finished bass (think Carvin's 'Antique Ash'), with humbuckers, in the standard shape, and a refin on the Schecter Stilleto Studio 4/5.
    Guess I'll stick to scoping out used gear and relish in the innovations of years past....

2. 92aceshigh

92aceshigh

Feb 11, 2017
    The Schecter C-4 Apocalypse EX looks pretty cool. There aren't enough (affordable) 35" 4-strings on the market, so this is a nice addition.
    I agree with the disappointment on the ESP/LTD front though. Hopefully Ibanez will pull something cool out of the bag.

Alacajun and Roberto Nunez like this.
  3. SideshowDom

SideshowDom

Apr 12, 2009
    Salinas, CA
    I was hoping for a new color option for the Schecter CVs, but ESP never really offers much in the way of basses that ever gets me excited.

4. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Even though it's essentially the same bass, I really dig the Schecter studio bass with the flame maple top, greenburst finish and black hardware. It makes the visuals of that model much more appealing to me.

Assuming they phase out the old natural/bubinga version and make these new versions available left-handed, I could see myself picking up a 4-string.

Alacajun likes this.
  5. melloncollie

melloncollie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2016
    ESP rolled out their preview for 2018 but said they’d reveal more bass stuff later. The preview is never the full lineup. They just show the stuff they want to. I think we’re getting another bass loaded with Nordstrand pickups

Alacajun likes this.
  6. Didn't Schecter unveil multi scale basses for the 2018 line up some time ago?

Attached Files:

7. 92aceshigh

92aceshigh

Feb 11, 2017
    I believe they were unveiled at NAMM 2017 for the 2017 line-up. They've definitely been up on Schecter's website for quite a while.

8. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    I really liked the green finish too. I read a review stating that the intonation can't be adjusted on that bridge. Is this true?

9. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Not true at all. I had a Studio 5 years ago with the same style bridge. The bridges don't have intonation screws like your typical bridge. The saddles lock in place with a set screw. You have to loosen the set screw and move the saddle by hand to intonate it. A bit of a pain, but once it's set, it's set.

marh415 likes this.