1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2018 Zon Legacy Standard 5 NEAR MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Darren02, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Darren02

Darren02 Never stop the groove in order to find a note

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Price:
    $1295
    Strings:
    Hey all!
    Up for sale I have my 2018 Zon Legacy Standard bass.
    Here are the complete specs:

Walnut Burl Top in Gloss Finish
    Mahogany body
    34" Scale Maple Neck and 24 Fret Rosewood Fretboard, 12" Radius
    Aguilar Dual Coil Pickups
    Aguilar pre-amp and 3 band EQ
    Controls are Volume, Pan, Treble, Mid, and Bass (Volume Push-Pull for Passive/Active)
    17.5 mm String-spacing.
    1-3/4” nut
    9 Pounds

Sells new from dealers for $1899 plus shipping and tax.
    Im letting it go for $1295 shipped

There is a VERY small mark on the back of the neck around the 8th fret that came with the bass. You can't see it, but when playing you can barely feel it.
    I'll include a new set of strings, a Zon Gig bag, and a Zon Neo-leather strap ($50) for FREE with this instrument as well.
    Also, I will hold this bass for you if needed. PM for details

This bass plays and sounds as good as my USA Zon Sonus. I already know i’ll regret selling it. The reason behind selling it is I need to pay for some things that i recently financed, and Id like to get them paid off as early as possible.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you immediately!

Any odd marks on the photos is a fingerprint!
    unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (2).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    1BCAB82F-450D-4CB5-9AC3-5D028302DFB2.jpeg Heres another good shot of the body!

Maiden Bass likes this.
  3. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Inactive

Feb 11, 2007
    Hey All Talkbass Members!
    I have played Darren's Legacy Standard and having owned multiple new Zon basses in my life I can honestly tell you that this one is on the same level as the US basses, and without a doubt the best import bass I have ever played!

And FYI Bass San Diego has the same bass selling new for $1,899 right now, so this is really a killer deal! :thumbsup:
    LINK: Bass San Diego

Plus these are actually hard to find because I believe they only have a few imports made per year!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Darren02 likes this.
  4. TuneIn

TuneIn

Feb 15, 2010
    I know this hasn't been listed that long, but I'm very surprised this Bass is still available.

Someone's GAS will be instantly remedied upon receipt of this beauty!

Maiden Bass and Darren02 like this.
  5. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Inactive

Feb 11, 2007

Yes, someone needs to buy this! It is an excellent bass that is pretty rare, especially being a 2018 model!

6. jonnnn zemann

jonnnn zemann Inactive

Jan 25, 2019
    when did Zon basses start coming with aguilar pups? i thought they always did barts? sweet bass though no matter what pups for sure!! glwts!

7. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    I believe the Legacy standards have the Aguilars, and the Sonus standards have the Barts but im not certain so take my word with a grain of salt! :)
    Its also worth mentioning that this isnt a custom instrument, but instead an import model :) Still very few made per year though!

8. Please describe the neck profile, front to back, shape etc. this has caught my interest. I did not know Zon was making these and it’s been a long time since I played one.

9. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Hey @Kirk Bryant !
    PM me all the specifics youd like and i can get them to ya :) If it helps though, the neck is the exact same as the default neck on the US basses. D shape, flat and totally comfortable. It has a sort of satin finish as well, so it isnt sticky like poly finished necks. Im not certain what you mean by front to back but PM me and ill answer everything!

10. Hey @Darren02 thx for the comments. When I say front to back, I mean the depth from the face or fret side of fretboard to back of neck. So your description was very helpful. I am not a fan of gloss finish on necks either so the satin fin is a bonus. Unfortunately I’d have to drive three hours for a dealer so I’m trying to find one locally to play but haven’t yet.

11. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Let me know if you find one and if you’re interested, this bass is still available :)

12. Do you know frequency voicing of the tone controls? I thought this was a opb3 but that’s not clear in the info I was able to find. It seems to just say Aguilar three band with no specific model.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021