1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

22-24 channel Mixer to buy

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by toto93, May 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    With my band we are about to buy a mixer for live sound. we are willing to spend $1000-$1300. We are a funck-rock band with drums, bass, 2 guitars, a piano and 2 singers.
    which mixer do you recommend me?

pd: sory form y bad english

2. Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 It's $3200, but you get full parametric eq, high pass filter, compressor, gate, reverb, delay, ON EVERY CHANNEL. Plus 10 aux sends (monitors) and four sub-groups, and 8 graphic eq's... and much more.

If you bought all of that as outboard gear, it would be like $20,000. There's a 16 channel version for $2k. Either one is really an unbeatable deal, and worth saving up your band money for.

3. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Agreed 100%. Save some cash, you'll be glad you did.

4. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can get a new StudioLive for $2700. If your budget does not stretch that far, a clean GL2200 would be the best choice.

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I played a gig this weekend where the sound company had one of these. The thing that impressed me was aside from a crossover, the total lack of outboard gear. I wish my band had one of these since it would mean one less big heavy rack to load in/load out. The board itself is also relatively compact and can probably replace a lot of 32 channel boards since all 24 channels have mic preamps.

6. Even better if you use speakers with a built in crossover. Paired with an EAW 720 powered line array rig, you can cover a 5000 capacity venue with half a box truck worth of gear. Switch out monitor wedges and amps with IEM's and you're really talkin.

Also, you can save a scene for each venue you play.