2nd new TH350 has the same issue as the first one ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phlipper, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    I have to keep wiggling the power cord to find the one spot where it makes contact then find a way to brace or prop up the power cord. After I turn it off and come back to play some more I have to go thru the same routine. The way it was propped previously no longer works.

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Mine is pretty tight - you really have to push it in there to get it seated right. Have you tried a different power cord?

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Did they ship the same unit back to you?

4. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Prop that sucker into a box with a return shipping label!
    Sorry your NAD was double kicked

rodl2005, Helix and Phlipper like this.
  5. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    No ... checked the location on the screen and it was factory sealed.

There was a guy on Ebay reviews who had two the same way. Bad batch?

Arthur U. Poon and Bassbeater like this.
  6. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yep. I have a spare in my gig bag and even tried the mega cable from my Firebass.

Nope. Wad ordered from the warehouse before the first one went back.

Triple kicked. The new Elf two weeks ago also was bad.

Looks like the Peavey Gods are mad at me for switching. More than 40 years and maybe 50 guitar and bass amps with not a single issue. Long overdue to have a problem I guess. Lol

7. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Have you tried plugging it up outside of your bermuda amp triangle home? Could be vortexes.

8. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I have noticed your troubles in various threads. I have to hand it to you for maintaining the sunny disposition.

I'm pretty even keeled, but I think even I would have hit the wall by now...

9. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    As I've gotten older I've learned that life's too short to sweat first world problems. :cool:

10. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    This might seem odd but try plugging into another wall outlet. It could be that wiggling the IEC end is moving the other end. Sometimes wall outlets get worm out.

Aqualung60, pudgychef and Bassbeater like this.
  11. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'm beginning to wonder. Lol.

When the dust settles I think I'll try a MiniMega. I liked the way it sounded and loved the options. If it's DOA I'm selling all my equipment and taking up full contact badminton.

12. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Tried all that with the first one. It's the power cable recepticle. That makes four units with this issue that I know of.

Bassbeater and beans-on-toast like this.
  13. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    Sigh!

14. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    It’s such a simple fix. Either the connector has an issue and needs to be changed or the wiring from the IEC connector to the main PCB board has a problem. Either way it’s a quick inexpensive fix. It is costing the manufacture a lot of money. If they have a bad production run they should be testing and repairing all thet they have in stock.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    johnpbass and Spidey2112 like this.
  15. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    If some of you guys correspond with Dave B on here you might wanna mention the 350 receptacle issue. Doesn't seem to be affecting the 500. Or at least I haven't found anything about this on the 500. The Ebay review specifically mentioned two of the TH350s with the loose power input.

In the mean time I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one from GC. All theirs must be from this batch.

16. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I ran into an Issue with a Fender amp a few years back, I had seven of them fail in four months with the same problem. They tried convincing me that it wasn't a common problem... Really? The last one had the issue right out of the box at the dealer. It was a brawl, but I finally got a refund from Fender. The moral of the story, send it back and move on to something else. If there are four (that you know of ) having the same problem, it's not a coincidence. I'm sure you would hav zero confidence in another one even it it functioned properly out of the box.
    just my 2 cents

17. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh
    I don't play well.
    I think @Aguilar/Dave B. will be along shortly to help you out or you can email them ([email protected]) and get squared away quickly. I have had very good support from Marco via email.

18. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    When I got my Markbass LM II years ago, it was dead out of the box. Turned out to be a problem with the IEC end of the power cord. These amp companies do not make the cords, they buy them in bulk from their suppliers. Have you tried other IEC cords?

19. I once bought a some mics that came with XLR cables as part of the bundle. The cables that came with the mics worked fine with those mics - but any other normal (USA made) XLR cable would not work with the mics because the pins in the mic socket were just a little too narrow.

This reminds me of that - like the pins in the power socket are smaller than the female part in the power cord end. It would easy enough to crimp that part in the cord a little so it makes a good connection but then (just like my mics) you get the problem again whenever you use a standard cord.

BooDoggie and pudgychef like this.
  20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Yes...

LYNCHMAN and Helix like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021