Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x10 Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    What's up ya'll

so i'm tired of carrying my 1x15 back and forth from practice. i'm looking to buy a 2x10 to keep in my room and just take my head back and forth (and maybe throw the 2x10 in the mix everynow and then).

i don't want to spend more than 250 bucks. any decent cabs for this price? i like deep warm tones.

also, due to my budget, american musical supply is looking good because you can do three payments over three months (no interest or credit check). any other websites do this?

:help:

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Again, Avatar. Good quality speakers, budget price . . .

3. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    that would be great but i don't think i saw em on american music supply. the only way i can afford it i the three payments deal.

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

It's $229 for the Avatar B210 man. If you get any 2x10 close in quality to the Avatar from AMS, 1 of your 3 payments will be almost that anyway. If guess you could go with a lesser quality cab from AMS, but it won't sound as good as the Avatar, but will cost at least as much....

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had an SWR Workingman's 210T for awhile...only reason I got rid of it was to make room for some new gear...really nice, full tone, for a 200W 8 ohm cab.

6. RandyLane04

RandyLane04

Apr 28, 2004
    Also agree, Avatar is the way to go.
    (The only reason I'm not getting my 15 from Dave is because it weighs a ton.]
    Inexpensive 2x10s from AMS are going to be Hartke,or Behringer now sells cabs. Have NO idea how they sound or how well made.

7. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hi, I hate to just repeat the previous posts but, Avatar all the way. I think you'd regret getting a Hartke or Behringer. I've had a Hartke and tested Behringer, I didn't care for them. YMMV

8. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Now that I think about it, I've got an 8 ohm Avatar I'd sell. PM if you're interested.

9. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i would go for the ernie ball audiophile 2x10 up for sale i nthe used section of bassnw for that much.

10. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    sent

11. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i've never tried any ernie ball stuff. what are they like?