For Sale 3' Canare / Neutrik SpeakOn Cables

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by teej, Sep 15, 2017.

1. teej

teej Gold Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Price:
    In my spare time, I like to make cables. What can I say, it's therapeutic.

Currently, I have two that I just finished. Being a stickler for quality, I use only the best -- Canare 4S11 14-gauge 4-conductor cable and Neutrik 4-pole connectors. I currently have black in stock but Canare also offers grey if anyone's interested.

Asking $29 each (shipping included).

IMG_20170909_1448550_rewind.jpg IMG_20170909_1448383_rewind.jpg

JJR58 likes this.
  2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Unless someone is running, say certain GK amps and cabs (or others I may not know about), what does the 4-conductor cable do differently than 2-conductor?

dcr

3. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    It's my understanding that the 4-pole/4-conductor cables support bi-amping where you have 2 signals running through 1 cable -- one signal down the 1+/- conductors and another signal down the 2+/- conductors. Most amps only need a 2-pole/conductor cable but because the cost difference between 2-pole and 4-pole cables is minimal and because a 4-pole cable will support both 2-pole and 4-pole needs whereas a 2-pole does not, 4-pole cables are more practical in my opinion.

4. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    That looks like a great price for those quality cables.

5. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Thanks! This may be an introductory price. I'm still working on the pricing -- material costs, shipping, labor, etc. -- but also have to stay competitive since the big name companies sell similar cables at around this price and include free shipping.

JJR58 and nbsipics like this.
  6. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    marcwhy likes this.
  7. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    I sure admire you for making these, and pursuing doing it commercially. I like supporting our bass brothers and sisters in their home workshops.

I wish I needed cables, but I'm all set.

GLWS

teej likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021