1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4005 Build

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bellda1, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bellda1

bellda1

Oct 22, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]I thought some you would like to see the 4005 Bass I just finished for a friend of mine. He has been wanting one of these for a long time.
    I really was surprised how good the Bass sounds. I like all three switch positions for the pickups. Each one is very different in tone. The neck pickup I thought would be on the muddy side because it is up against the neck. But that is not the case at all.
    I don't under stand why Rickenbacker doesn't make this Bass any more. I think it sounds better than the 4003.
    I am going to build one of these for myself.

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    Very different...nice!

DSCN0205_zpsad08143e.

DSCN0191_zps64e4fd4b.

3. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2009
    curious to hear some audio clips

4. bellda1

bellda1

Oct 22, 2013
    I don't know how long it took me to build it. I may have 40 hr in the build. That doesn't count the time in the CAD work.
    The inlay material I made myself. I could not find anything suitable for the project.

Thanks for the kind words.

5. Well, you know my next question...How did you make the inlay material?

6. mgalat

mgalat

Dec 5, 2011
    That thing is ridiculously beautiful. Well done sir.

7. Turkeypills

Turkeypills

Nov 8, 2012
    St. Louis
    Not a Ric guy, but holy fudge that is probably one of the cooler builds I have seen in a while.