1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5-string Ibanez SR605 or Schecter Guitar Research Stiletto studio 5-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TechDeath, May 29, 2012.

1. TechDeath

TechDeath

May 16, 2012
    Kind of stuck in the middle

2. Get both, play both, return the one u don't like. I did the same thing but went for the SR705.

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Ibanez.

4. Porkbun

Porkbun

Mar 10, 2010
    Stamford, CT
    Ibanez. The Schecter is way too thick everywhere and the SR500 sound is hard to beat

5. I vote Schecter, but also suggest you spend adequate time with any bass you are considering. I have a Stiletto custom5, and a Stiletto extreme5. Been my main axes for about 5 years now. Both of mine are bolt ons, as the neck thru versions just didn't do it for me (and I really wanted them to). Basses in this price range can vary quite a bit in quality, and tone. You really need to lay hands on them to know if you've got a keeper. Best of luck, and enjoy your new bass!

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Never played a 605. But I like Schecters.

7. captnmervo

captnmervo

Oct 14, 2008
    Love them both, but my vote is Schecter. Just plan hard to beat in the price range imho.

8. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    id vote the ibby, but i do have a thing for the sr500's. plus they can be had for dirt cheap used.

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Honestly that's a tough choice to make. I own 2 schecter stiletto basses and an Ibanez soundgear bass. they both sound awesome and they're great for hard rock and heavy metal music.

10. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I played the Ibanez but went Schecter, Im sure everyones opinion will be different in what they like, play them both as said above..