1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

***?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jesso, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Austinhow

Austinhow

Jun 16, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I love the First "Questions & Answers" at the bottom. Pure snark at its finest. As for the bass I'll give it *** too.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That is truly bizarre.
    This part here:
    ...makes me think maybe an unscrupulous US seller sold it to him (in Ireland) on the premise that the bass was all-original, and it's not, so now he's posting goofy listings with it out of resentment.

3. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    There's something I must be missing.

edit: I see everything on the page but it doesnt make any f-in sense

second edit: Maybe he is just some old drunk posting on ebay.

4. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    heh heh.

if I'm not mistaken, it's a refin that was bought as an original finish bass on ebay from a well known vintage dealer. Apparently the dealer wouldn't refund the purchase in spite of being shown it was an obvious refin.

One of the 'idiots' would appear to be the buyer (now 'seller'), referring to himself, who obviously has a sense of humour.

I don't know what he is trying to achieve with this auction, though.

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I think I recognize this particular 74 CAR Jazz, and remember the fiasco the current owner went through about it when he bought it advertised as an original CAR, only to discover it was a refin.

6. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Q: Do u no anywun that cud do a relic job on this i rekon it would look wikkid 31-Mar-09
    A: Cn't yu spk englsh? Jrkwad. Thanks for your interest in the listing, now psoff.

He should get an award for this one ....

:D

7. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA I peed myself after reading this!

8. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    +1000 :D

9. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    He is lampooning the guy who he bought the bass from's style in answering questions. I've seen some auctions from the fishy seller in question where he hilariously if slightly psychotically insults anyone asking questions, legitimate or not. Very odd fellow, IMO, but he sells some extraordinary old Fenders, if not always 100% original as claimed.

10. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I can see the lampoon now, with you guys pointing it out, but were I unaware of the situation, I would be considerably disinclined to buy from him with that attitude.

11. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    Can someone post the original seller's (from CA) username? I'd like to see what else he is selling.

12. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Without any other knowledge of what's going on here, I'd gamble the original seller from CA is "tune-o-matic".

13. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    P.S - It was through "tune-o-matic" royally flaming several TB'ers on one of his auctions, that I became introduced to TB!

14. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    How do you find an individual seller?

15. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
  16. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah, this loser bought my old 71 J on Evil Bay a while back under his one name (Vintage SAles or something like that) then tore the entire bass apart and sold it in pieces under another name (tune-o-matic maybe). I think I tracked him to 3 or 4 names on Ebay that he does this with. He practically tore every damn nut, screw, pickup, neck, body, etc, etc apart on my bass and sold them individually. I see he does that regularly. The guy needs to be shot for destroying vintage instruments!

17. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    THAT WAS AWESOME.

I would have been so pissed if I got that answer back from a seller... :smug: